Get Apps
Get Apps
Get Apps
點新聞-dotdotnews
Through dots,we connect.

2 dead, 91-year-old man rescued after 5.2-magnitude quake strikes south China's Guangxi

China
2026.05.18 14:13
X
Wechat
Weibo
Rescuers evacuate a senior resident after an earthquake in Taiyangcun Community of Taiyangcun Town, Liuzhou, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, May 18, 2026. A 5.2-magnitude earthquake struck Liuzhou City in south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region early Monday, local earthquake relief headquarters said. (Xinhua)

As of 11:10 am Monday, two trapped people were confirmed dead, and a 91-year-old man was rescued after a 5.2-magnitude earthquake struck Liuzhou City in south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, local earthquake relief headquarters said.

Emergency, fire, and police authorities rushed to the scene immediately after the quake to carry out rescue operations. Earlier on Monday, two of the three missing people were found, unfortunately, without vital life signs. Later, a 91-year-old man was rescued from the site and confirmed by the medical team as in stable condition. He was rushed to the hospital for further treatment.

Guangxi's regional earthquake relief headquarters launched a Level-III emergency response at 2 am. The office of the State Council earthquake relief headquarters and the Ministry of Emergency Management activated a Level-IV emergency response on Monday and sent a work team to the affected area to support local earthquake relief efforts.

Related News:

Magnitude 5.2 earthquake strikes Liuzhou, Guangxi: Observatory says over 10 citizens reported feeling tremors

Tag:·Guangxi·earthquake·emergency

Comment

< Go back
Search Content 
Content
Title
Keyword
New to old 
New to old
Old to new
Relativity
No Result found
No more
Close
Light Dark