Watch This | Cai Lei's effort on ALS cure leads to fruitful results
In a short span of 4 years, Cai Lei and his team made the following contributions to the fight against ALS:
- Established a patient-centric 360-degree comprehensive ALS research big data platform.
- Formed a resolute research team dedicated to accelerating drug development.
- Set up a pre-clinical animal testing facility.
- Established investment funds, philanthropic funds, and charitable trusts to assist scientists and biotech companies in securing funding, thereby advancing drug development pipelines.
- Directly initiated multiple ALS drug pipelines.
- Created a fast-track clinical recruitment and efficacy evaluation system platform, working on an hourly basis.
- Fostered extensive collaborations with research institutions, hospitals, media, and philanthropic organizations.
- Accumulated and promoted the construction of an ALS patient gene library, researching potential causes and gene therapy targets for 90% of sporadic ALS patients.
- Encouraged body donation and motivated over a thousand ALS patients and their families to register for posthumous body donation for medical research.
- Collaboratively established an IPSC ALS drug screening platform.
- Compiled an ALS patient care manual.
This ALS entrepreneur fought against the most debilitating terminal illness with extraordinary willpower that transcended human limits.