The Hong Kong Tourism Board on Tuesday (Dec. 22) unveiled its "virtual countdown" for New Year's Eve, with a computer-animated video set to usher in 2021 rather than the traditional fireworks. (HKTB)
The Hong Kong Tourism Board on Tuesday (Dec. 22) unveiled its "virtual countdown" for New Year's Eve, with a computer-animated video set to usher in 2021 rather than the traditional fireworks.
The board says that as the clock strikes midnight, the two-minute video will be played on its website, Facebook and YouTube.
It will contain images of Victoria Harbour and local landmarks, although due to social distancing, nothing is supposed to be taking place at these sites in reality.
To help get people into the spirit of things, the board says it will also have a countdown clock on its online platforms.
"Everyone will be able to count down to the new year in the comfort of their home using their smartphones or computers," the board said in a statement.
Earlier this month, it announced the cancellation of the fireworks display for New Year's Eve, as well as celebrations for the next Lunar New Year in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
(Source: RTHK)
Comment