Paul Chan: No final decision on issuing new consumption vouchers

Hong Kong
2023.01.27 12:34
X
Wechat
Weibo
Financial Secretary Paul Chan will announce the budget for the new year on February 22. As to whether the consumption vouchers will be issued again in the budget, Chan said that there is no final decision yet, and he has to consider the economic situation and the government's financial burden. (Internet)

Financial Secretary Paul Chan will announce the budget for the new year on February 22. As to whether the consumption vouchers will be issued again in the budget, Chan said that there is no final decision yet, and he has to consider the economic situation and the government's financial burden.

He stressed that the cost of consumption vouchers is relatively large and this way of boosting the economy should be used carefully.

Chan also said that Hong Kong is in the "post-epidemic stage" and that the Chinese mainland is opening up faster than expected.

"We are confident that this year is better than last year, and the second quarter recovery momentum is expected to be stronger and much more optimistic than the government's internal assessment two months ago," Chan said.

Tag:·HK· voucher· Paul Chan· budget· burden

Comment

Close
Light Dark